We specialise in psychology, occupational therapy and positive behaviour support for teenagers and adults.
Occupational Therapy Services
Occupational Therapy Services focus on:
- assisting you to learn and/or improve a range of skills to support you to participate in your chosen daily activities (e.g. dressing skills, learning to cook, learning to catch a bus, keeping your house organised, employment support, money skills, self-care skills, self-regulation etc.)
- adapting tasks that you want to do to help you achieve greater independence (e.g. providing adaptive equipment, changing the steps in a task, providing a visual guide to prompt them)
- adapting the environment to help you achieve a desired goal (e.g. physical changes to the environment such as changing the lighting or seating, changing the sensory environment such as reducing noise to assist with focusing on the task etc.)
Psychology services aim to support you to develop skills and improve your overall well-being. We can help you learn how to cope with life stressors, manage difficult feelings such as anxiety, depression and anger and to develop skills in problem solving and social interaction.
Our Support Coordination services are provided in line with person centred practice and the definition of support coordination as set down by the NDIS. We are currently able to provide Support Coordination for participants whose support coordination funding is self or plan-managed. The Support Coordinator will work with clients and/or their representatives
- To focus on strengthening a client’s ability to design and build their supports and to link their supports across a complex service delivery environment
- To work together with the client to understand their funding, identify their expectations from the services they receive and design their supports accordingly
- To build the capacity of clients to have choice and control in their lives.
Support Coordination services aim to assist clients to connect with service providers, explore mainstream options for service provision and maximise their potential to live an ordinary life. Support Coordination aims to assist people to get the most out of their NDIS Plan and the funding available.
Positive Behaviour Support
Positive behaviour support focuses on working with you to develop a range of proactive strategies and strategies for you and others to use when a behaviour is about to occur or is occuring – with the aim of preventing the challenging behaviour from happening or reducing the impact of behaviour to ensure your safety and the safety of others. The overall aim is to improve your quality of life, community participation and ability to engage in the activities you want to in your day to day life. Support may include assessment of the situation (reviewing available information, looking at behavioural recordings, talking with you and those providing support, formal assessment, observations you in your day to day life etc.; development of a positive behaviour support plan; support around putting the plan into action (including training carers and others) and reviewing the plan.
For further information:
What will Services Cost?
Prices are based on the NDIS price guide. For the NDIS price guide please click on this link: NDIS Price Guide
Before ongoing service can begin a service agreement, outlining how supports will be delivered to you through your NDIS funding, will be developed with you. It will include information such as: the supports we agree to provide, cost of support, how and when we agree to provide the support, your responsibilities and our responsibilities, and how to request to change or end the Service Agreement.
We will also need to gather key information to help us get to know you. This may include information on your NDIS and other goals (what would you like us to help you achieve?); your interests, likes and dislikes; your skills and abilities; relevant information on your disability and/or health conditions; your support needs and who the key people are that we need to know about (e.g. your family, advocate, other service providers).